Featured Post

Recommended C3/DS Patches and Agents

Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Trying a New Genome

For future reference: the norn home is on the left, the main hallway is in the middle, and the snow are is on the right.

Fiddle with a genome or bit of caos code, test it, fiddle with it some more, then get bored or have to do something else. I spend more time working on a mod or agent then I do playing. I enjoy tinkering with thinks but it does get old. Especially when your current test ends up going terribly like my current one has. I've been testing a Stinger subtype/sub-breed and it's going badly. I'll save that rant for another day though. This time I decided to just mess with other peoples' creations.

There were two interesting genomes I hadn't played with much: the True Warm Bloods (or TWBs) and the 2017 genomes. The TWBs have a number of changes to them, the most interesting of which is an actual body temperature. The 2017s, meanwhile, have some interesting hunger edits. I was more interested in the 2017's hunger edits, so I decided to go with them. I also stuck them in a new metaroom that was released this year. I named the world Anaptyss for reasons I can't remember anymore. Then I clicked on everything in the room multiple times because I was excited to have a new metaroom to mess around with. After filling the room with agents, it was finally time to add the norns.


Six norns were hatched and named after random wild cat species. Almost immediately Lion went for the stingers and Tiger tried playing with one of my weed agents. I moved Lion away from the angry stingers and let Tiger deal with the weed himself. Word must have spread about the fun little pests because Caracal and Ocelot tried playing with them as well. I ruined their fun by removing the stingers and spreading the group out some. Tiger, Ocelot, and Bobcat ended up in the snowy area. They spent a lot of time shivering, but that didn't seem to ruin their fun any. Lion, Puma, and Caracal stayed in the main hallway. Pretty soon everyone was a child and I decided to teach them some basic words with the hand teaching agent. After I was done, I couldn't resist looking at the 2017's genome anymore. So I let the world run while I opened up gene compare and explored their genome.

No comments:

Post a Comment