Featured Post

Recommended C3/DS Patches and Agents

Wednesday, June 14, 2017

2017s: First deaths


When I unpaused the world, the first thing I noticed that everyone had entered the ancient/senile stage already. The second thing I noticed was that Caracal and Tiger had an egg on the way. Monogamy wasn't a big thing in this world, but Tiger had only had eggs with Puma up till then. Maybe in his newfound senility, he forgot who he was kisspopping. Or he was just being a regular norn. Either way, now it was only Minnow and Puma in Tiger's hallway... Lynx's hallway. Tiger died suddenly.

It was strange to see that since was only 4 hours and 55 minutes old. Norns usually die after 5 hours. He wasn't sick or hungry, so I could only assume that his previous organ damage really did cut his life short. While I was pondering Tiger's death, Puma and Lynx had another egg. Minnow had also moved away from the hallway and back into the volcano. The volcano area caused hotness, which could kill norns if they spent to long in there. So I kept an eye on her with the x-ray. Then Lynx dropped dead as well. Like Tiger, he didn't didn't die of old age and wasn't hungry or sick. Rather suspicious, I quickly hacked a script to make norns say their current levels of adipose tissue.

Number is the amount of adipose tissue
Like I thought, Lynx had died from being overly fat. I could only assume that Tiger died from the same thing. The next fattest norns were Puma and Sculpin, and both were, thankfully, under the amount that made a receptor fire. The 2017's, and some CFF genomes, have a receptor that damages an organ when adipose tissue gets high enough. The level is high enough that most norns won't die from it if they move around enough and eat right. Tiger never moved that much, and I could only assume that Lynx was the same way. So they died from a diet rich in fat and not moving. The rest were healthier, and had levels around 0.3 or 0.6 at  the highest.

Speaking of death, Minnow avoided her own. She eventually went back to the hallway, though I don't think she was in much danger. Usually hotness depleted a creature's water and killed them that way. Minnow's water level dropped, but never far enough that I was worried. I still kicked them out of the volano though. Why take the chance? Anyway, since Tiger and Lynx's death, no one had moved back down there. While Sculpin and Minnow had the whole place to themselves, they didn't do much. They just eat, sleep, and say how much they loved the other norns. I was hoping they would have a few more eggs before they went the way of Lynx and Tiger.

No comments:

Post a Comment