Featured Post

Recommended C3/DS Patches and Agents

Monday, January 12, 2015

A New Mobula Ray

 Every once in a while I like to delete a few of my worlds and start over. My main world, usually called the Mobula Ray, is restarted every few months. Before I delete the world, I hatch and export any creatures. They either end up in my splicing folder, or get added into the new world. Why bring this up, you might be asking? Because I redid my main world a few days ago, and felt like it could make for an interesting blog post. Also there's a video of it, because why not? I was sort of brain dead when I recorded it so it's longer then I'd planned on. I probably won't write about these guys to much, just do an occasional update whenever anything interesting happens or when a new generation starts.

I didn't raise any aquatic creatures last year, and I've missed raising them. So most of this world is dedicated to amphibious creatures There's a part of the world for almost any sort of creature. Artema Sea is for my swimming creatures, Aquanornia and Past Seas are for my normal amphibious creatures, and Scielence Falls, and the Meso of course, are there in case I was to raise some normal creatures. The population limit is set to 30, and that's about how many I want to keep in this world. Otherwise it might start to lag quite a bit.

There's a small family of golden Chameleon Norns in Science Falls. My current goal with them is to get them to breed gold adults all of the time. Then there's my collection of purple Stingerish Crabish... Norn things. They were spliced from some old gait experiments of mine and some Stinger Norns. This didn't work out to well, and it took a few generations of splicing to get Norns that weren't utterly stupid. This current group seems fairly smart. Sootpad likes smacking everyone around though.

The "main attraction" of the world is Artemia Sea and my colortrue Mermaids. I've been slowly breeding out the green color from them, and have actually gotten quite a few gorgeous Norns from this current generation. They are quite a fertile bunch, and I've gotten over 50 eggs from a past generation. I've cut down this current group a bit, so maybe I can avoid hitting the egg limit for once.

The last, and most interesting for me, is my group of Grendels. I've called them Goat-eyed Grendels and they've actually inspired a breed that I'll get around to making eventually. These guys are nothing like my idea though. They are your average Grendel, slightly angry and pretty adorable. They were products of random splicing, and I'm fairly happy with the results. I'm a sucker for blue Creatures.

No comments:

Post a Comment